In attendance: Hanan Bell, Teresa Metzger-Howe, Koko Morgan, Linda O’Gara, Kathleen O'Keeffe, Doug Potter, Bruce Sherman, and Gennie Winkler
The November 1, 2017 and December 6, 2017 minutes were approved as amended.
Discussion of Donation Recognition
Donations of $250 or more will be recognized with a thank you note by the secretary. The treasurer will send out letters needed for tax purposes. At this time donors will not be recognized in the concert programs.
Missing Board Position Discussion
Various people will be asked to join the board with the hope of filling the missing board position.
Bruce will answer the information emails. He will need access to the email account.
The winter quarter membership is 58 people. Four people have not paid. Bruce will encourage them to do so. If they fail to pay, their names will be removed from the roster.
Check in on one year action plan
One Year Action Plan
1. Increase orchestral membership for needed sections through networking - need more basses
2. Develop a plan for donor acknowledgement - Kathleen, Linda and Koko
3. Raise orchestral donations in lieu of due increase
4. Improve relationship with the MCNW explore improving lighting and sound - Doug
5. Track audience size--need a head count at the pre-concerts and concerts - Bruce
6. Need picture of the concerts for grants - Bruce
7. Document job positions - all responsible
8. Identify additional roles
9. Create a succession plan for the recruiting new board members. Need more board members with new ideas and more ownership of the board.
10. Survey the members at the end of the season to see how they felt the year went
11. Secure funding for improving lighting and sound baffling. Work with Music Center of the Northwest and see what they think of possible changes - Doug
Next Board Meeting: May 2, 2018 at 6:30 pm at MCNW.